When tooth loss occurs, no matter the reason, it’s important to replace the missing tooth or teeth as soon as possible. At Atascocita Family Smiles in Spring Texas, we are proud to offer our patients dental implants, the gold standard in tooth replacement. Dental Implants Spring Tx, Dental Implant Consultation In Spring TxBook Now
Dental implants are a type of prosthetic device that are used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. They consist of a metal post or frame that is surgically placed into the jawbone, and a replacement tooth or teeth that are attached to the post or frame. The metal post or frame acts like a root for the replacement tooth or teeth, providing a secure and stable foundation for the new tooth or teeth Dental Implants Spring, Tx 77388
1. Endosteal Implants: Endosteal implants are the most common type of dental implant. They are surgically placed directly into the jawbone and function as a root for the replacement tooth, or teeth. Endosteal implants are usually made of titanium and come in a variety of shapes and sizes, depending on the individual’s needs.
2. Subperiosteal Implants: Subperiosteal implants are placed beneath the gum line but above the jawbone. They are made from a metal framework that fits over the jawbone and supports the replacement tooth, or teeth. These implants are usually used when the patient has insufficient jawbone to accommodate endosteal implants.
3. Zygomatic Implants : Zygomatic implants are a type of dental implant used to support a fixed prosthesis, such as a bridge or denture, when there is insufficient bone in the jaw to support a traditional dental implant. Zygomatic implants are placed in the cheekbone, and they anchor into the zygomatic bone, a bone in the cheek area. The implant has a titanium screw that is inserted into the zygomatic bone and a dental abutment that is attached to the implant and protrudes into the mouth. The abutment supports the prosthesis, which is usually a bridge or denture. Zygomatic implants are used to replace teeth in the upper jaw where there is not enough bone for a traditional dental implant. They are more expensive than traditional dental implants, but they can provide a more stable foundation for the prosthesis and can improve its longevity.
4. Mini Implants: Mini implants are a type of endosteal implant that is smaller than a traditional implant. They are usually used to support a
1. Initial Consultation: During this first stage of dental implant treatment, a dentist will evaluate the patient and discuss treatment options. The dentist will also take a 3D scan of the mouth, which will be used to plan the implant placement.
2. Preparation: Once the patient has decided to move forward with dental implant treatment, the dentist will prepare the jawbone where the implant will be placed. This is done by making a small incision to expose the bone, then drilling a hole into the bone to fit the implant.
3. Implant Placement: The dental implant is inserted into the jawbone and left to heal for several months. During this time, the implant and the bone will fuse together to create a strong foundation for crowns, bridges, or dentures.
4. Abutment Placement: After the initial healing period, the abutment is placed on top of the implant. The abutment is a small metal piece that connects the implant to the crown, bridge, or denture.
5. Restoration: The final step in the dental implant process is the placement of the crown, bridge, or denture. The restoration is custom-made to fit the patient’s mouth. Dental Implants Spring, Tx – 77388
Unfortunately, most insurance companies don’t cover the full cost of dental implants. However, our team is more than happy to file insurance claims on your behalf to make sure you’re getting the maximum amount of benefits possible from your plan. Sometimes, insurance companies will cover the cost of part of the treatment, such as a bone graft or the restoration. To find out more about how much of your new smile your insurance plan will cover, give us a call today to schedule a consultation. Dental Implants Spring, Tx – 77388
The aftercare of dental implants requires time and patience. Once they are surgically placed, it is likely you will experience some soreness, swelling, and discomfort among other effects; however, by following our detailed instructions and making sure you get plenty of rest, you’ll move swiftly through your recovery and stay on the path to a new and improved smile. Our team will be available to assist should you require additional care or need help when dealing with various aspects of the healing process.
1..Avoid brushing near the implant sites for a few days. After this time, you can begin to use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
2..Instead of using mouthwash to rinse your teeth and gums, opt for saltwater, as this will help speed up the healing process.
3..Make sure to rinse your mouth after eating each time.
4..Try not to chew on the side of your mouth that have new implants.
5..If dental floss is too difficult to use, consider a water irritator that is much gentler.
6..Use a cold compress or ice pack to reduce swelling and minimize discomfort.
7..Take any antibiotics or medications as directed.
When it comes to caring for your dental implants, there are several steps you can take to keep them looking and feeling their best, including:.
Allowing the anesthetic to wear off before attempting to eat anything
Avoiding tobacco or smoking until your implants are healed. If possible, try to quit before you have them placed
Avoiding any strenuous activity for at least 48 hours after placement
Trying not to touch or prod at the implant sites
Wearing a mouthguard if you are prone to teeth grinding
Wearing a sportsguard if you plan to engage in sports-related activities
Avoid hard, crunchy foods, as these can damage both natural and artificial teeth
Maintain a good oral hygiene routine to help strengthen your natural tooth enamel and avoid gum disease that can negatively impact your dental implants. Dental Implants Spring, Tx – 77388
Trust your smile to the most caring doctor in Spring! We welcome new and returning patients. Dental Implant Clinic Near Me Spring Texas - 77388
Dr. Romil Pasrija obtained her Advanced Training and Doctorate of Dental Medicine DMD from Boston University Henry M. School of Dental Medicine. After practicing several years as an associate dentist, Dr. Romil founded Passmiles near her hometown of Houston, Texas. Becoming a Dentist and serving people and community was always her dream. Dr. Romil is an active member of American Dental Association, Texas Dental…
Yes, we accept all PPO insurance plans and Medicaid. If you have questions about your specific insurance policy, be sure to ask a knowledgeable member of our front desk team. If you don’t have insurance, ask about financing options.